Add or edit WFM agents manually
Enter the required information in the People module to schedule new agents. There are three mandatory tabs; the General tab, the Person periods tab and the Schedule periods tab. Only the General tab is mandatory when you add new users who are not scheduled in WFM. See Add or edit WFM users manually
This topic describes how to add a new agent and enter the basic information on the General tab. Then continue to add a person period and a schedule period for the agent. See the topics Manage WFM agent work rules and Manage schedule periods.
When you add a new agent manually, it is often helpful to copy information from an existing agent who works in a similar way. Open for example the team that the agent is planned to work in when you add the new agent. Copy relevant information from one of the other agents to the new agent.
It's possible to copy information like names and email addresses from for example an Excel document to the fields in People. To copy information from local sources to People when using Windows Virtual Desktop to access the Windows client, you must use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to copy and paste. You must also press Ctrl+V before you start copying content from your local source.
To add many new agents at once, use the new employee import. See Import new employees for WFM.
NOTE Handle logons and roles in the People tool on web. See Manage WFM user and agent access. The main reason is that any changes to logon names and roles in the People tool on web are logged in the General audit trail. This gives you the possibility to follow up on any changes and see when they were made and by whom. Keep the number of users that can change logons or roles in the People module in the Windows client to a minimum. The permission that controls that access is the People > Modify name and password permission.
- You have the People permission and the underlying permissions Add person and Can change and save.
- To add application logons, you must have the People > Modify name and password permission.
- Roles are created.
- A workflow control set is created.
Client > People > General tab
Add a new agent
When you add an agent, start with entering the information on the General tab.
Add a row to enter details for a new agent in one of these two ways.
- Open People for a team or site, select the General tab and click New.
- In People in the main portal, click Add person.
- Enter the agent’s First name and Last name.
Enter their Email address.
IMPORTANT A user's email addresses must be valid and configured on the customer SMTP prior to adding a new user to Calabrio ONE or updating an existing user's email address in Calabrio ONE. Otherwise, Calabrio ONE cannot send emails to the user's email address. This message is only applicable to organizations that have configured users to receive activation and welcome emails to set their passwords.
- Enter their Employment number. The employment number is searchable in WFM. It can also be added to the agent description, to be shown together with the agent’s name when agents are listed in for example reports and schedules.
- Add a Note to provide any additional information. The values in these notes are the basis for the Note group page, which can be used to filter agents.
Enter a Logon
or an Application logon name. See How authentication in Calabrio Teleopti WFM works for more information about application and identity authentication.
The Logon is used for identity authentication. Enter the ID from the external authentication system. The ID must be unique for each agent.
IMPORTANT When you enter an email address as the Logon in Calabrio WFM, an email is immediately triggered and sent to the user. With this email, the user can create a password and log in. Therefore, do not enter agents’ email addresses until you are ready for agents to log in.
The Application logon name is used for application authentication. Must be unique for each agent. This field is only available for Calabrio Teleopti WFM users.
- If you are using application authentication, enter a Password.
- Ensure the agent’s row is selected and then select the check boxes for the Roles to add in the list to the right. The selected roles are listed in the Role column.
Select the Language for this agent. Select a specific language or select Computer default. Computer default uses the language settings on the agent’s computer. If the selected language is not available in WFM, English is shown.
NOTE Calendar language, for example names of months and days of the week, is controlled by the Format setting.
- Select the Format for this agent. The format controls how times and dates are shown in WFM. It is based on Microsoft standards. Select a specific format or select Computer default. Computer default uses the format settings on the agent’s computer.
- Select the Time zone for this agent. The agent’s time zone controls how they view things like shifts and staffing. In some areas of the product, times are always shown according to the agent’s time zone. In other areas it is possible to select the viewing time zone.
Select what day of the week the Work week starts on to define the period that is considered a week. This affects for which period the contract rules are validated. These rules control the weekly rest, the maximum weekly work time, and the minimum weekly work time. The Work week starts on setting also affects the day off optimization settings that control the number of days off per week and the day off placement on weekends. The two last days of the work week are implicitly defined as weekend days.
EXAMPLE If the first workday of the week for the agent is usually Monday, select Monday in the Work week starts on menu. This means the weekend is Saturday and Sunday.
- Select the Workflow control set for this agent. The workflow control set defines for example how far ahead the agent can see their schedule, for which period they can send absence requests or shift trade requests and enter their preferences on how to work.
- Any columns between the Workflow control set column and the Leaving date column are added as optional columns. Fill them in according to the process defined by your organization.
- Leave the Leaving date field empty for now. It is set when the agent has resigned. The leaving date is the last workday of the employment. See End an employment for WFM for more information.
- Click Save.
- Continue by adding a person period for the new agent. See Manage WFM agent work rules.
Edit details for an existing agent
- In People in the main portal, expand the agent’s team.
- Double-click the agent to open People for that agent. To edit many agents, double-click a site or team to open all agents in that site or team.
- Edit the details according to the descriptions in the procedure above.
- Click Save.
- Add or edit WFM users manually
- Import new employees for WFM
- How authentication in Calabrio Teleopti WFM works
- Manage WFM agent work rules
- Manage schedule periods
- Manage personal accounts for absences
- Assign rotations to agents
- Assign availability patterns to agents
- Manage WFM user and agent access
- Create and edit users for QM and Analytics—Add and update users for the rest of the Calabrio ONE suite
- Configure QM global settings—Configure Calabrio ONE to display contacts in the user’s time zone