Manage personal accounts for absences
Track the agents’ use of certain absence types with personal accounts. This makes it possible to control that the agents’ scheduled absences stay within the given allowance for each absence type. Absences can be tracked based on the number of days or the number of hours.
EXAMPLE An agent has a personal account with an allowance of 20 vacation days per year. The personal account is automatically updated with the number of vacation days that the agent has used and how many that remain, based on what is scheduled in the default scenario.
The personal account periods have a start date but no end date. The last day of a personal account period is the day before a new period starts.
Use the balance of the personal accounts in the automatic validation of agents’ absence requests, to ensure that no absence requests are approved if that would cause the personal account allowance to be exceeded.
If the agent has remaining days or hours in their personal account when the personal account period ends, the remaining days or hours can be transferred to the next period.
- You have the People permission and the underlying permissions Add person and Can change and save.
- Absence types are created, and the correct tracker type has been defined for those absence types.
Client > People > Personal accounts tab
Add a new personal account period
- Select the agents to add a personal account period for.
- Click New.
- Enter a start Date.
- Select the type of Absence to track. The Tracker type is automatically selected based on the type of absence.
- Enter the Accrued number of days or hours for the period. For example, enter the number of vacation days for the year.
- Enter a value in the Extra field to add to the personal allowance. For example, add extra vacation days. It is possible to enter a negative value in the Extra column, for example to balance an advance given in a previous period.
The total personal account allowance for an agent for the period is the sum of the values in the Balance in, Accrued and Extra columns.
Follow up on used and remaining days in the personal account
- Select the absence type to follow up on in the top menu.
- If needed, select a date that is within the period that you want to follow up on.
Follow up on the personal account allowance.
The Used column presents the number of days or hours that have been scheduled for this personal account period. Used days or hours are both for days that have passed and for scheduled future absences.
The Remaining column shows the remaining number of days or hours to schedule for this period.
Transfer remaining days or hours from one period to the next
If an agent has not used all days or hours of their allowance within the personal account period, transfer these days or hours to the next period.
- If it’s not already done, create the next personal account period.
- Ensure to select a date that is within the new period, that is the period directly following the period that you want to close.
- Select the agents to close the personal account periods for.
- Click Close previous period and click Yes to confirm.
- Click Save. The Balance out is calculated for the period that is closed, and the same value is added as the Balance in for the following period.
Delete a personal account period
- Select the absence type to delete a period for in the top menu.
- Select the rows for the personal account periods to delete. If needed, select a date within the period to delete to show that period for all agents.
- Click Delete.
- Click Save.