Import new employees for WFM
Use the file import to add new employees. The file import cannot be used to update information about existing employees.
A validation of the import file is done before you run the import. The validation highlights any potential issues in the file, for example duplicate names or a contract name that could not be matched to any existing contract name.
If there are warnings, the affected fields are highlighted in yellow. If you decide to go through with the import, rows with warnings are still imported. Warnings are shown for example when both the first and last name are the same as for an existing user or when the email address is the same as for an existing user.
If there are errors, the affected fields are highlighted in red. If you decide to go through with the import without adjusting these values first, rows with errors are not imported. Errors are shown for example when the employment number is the same as for an existing user.
For some of the parameters, default values can be set. These values are used as fallback values, if they are not defined in the import file. See Set default values for the WFM employee import for more information.
The imports of new employees are shown in the General Audit Trail report.
- You have the Web > People > Import new employees permission.
WFM > People > Import new employees
Import new employees
- Prepare the import file to ensure it fulfills the employee import file format. See About the import file format for WFM employees.
- Click the area at the top of the page to select the import file.
- Review any warnings or errors. If needed, adjust the file and upload it again.
- Click Import.
- Verify the information, select which rows to include.
- Click Import. A message is shown when the import is done. It specifies the number of agents that were successfully imported, and if applicable the number of agents that could not be imported because of errors.
Follow up on the import
When the import is done, the result is shown in the import view.
- The filtered table by default shows any rows with errors. These rows have not been imported.
- Select the Warnings check box to show any rows with warnings.
- Select the Imported check box to show the rows that were successfully imported.