Add or edit WFM users manually
Add users to WFM by defining details such as name, logon and roles in the People module.
Users have permissions to use WFM, but they are usually not part of any team and they are not scheduled in WFM. Users can be for example forecasters, schedulers or business administrators.
Users are found in the User folder on the Business hierarchy tab in the People module. Open a user in the People module to edit the details.
NOTE We recommend that you handle logons and roles in the People tool on web. See Manage WFM user and agent access. The main reason is that any changes to logon names and roles in the People tool on web are logged in the General audit trail. This gives you the possibility to see all changes and see when they were made and by whom. Keep the number of users that can change logons or roles in the People module in the Windows client to a minimum. The permission that controls that access is the People > Modify name and password permission.
- You have the People permission and the underlying permissions Add person and Can change and save.
- To add an application logon, you must have the People > Modify name and password permission.
- Roles are created.
Client > People > General tab
Add a new user
When you add a user, the General tab is the only tab you need to fill in.
Add a row to enter details for a new person in one of these two ways.
- Open People for a team or site, select the General tab and click New.
- In People in the main portal, click Add person.
- Enter the user’s First name and Last name.
- Enter their Email address to be used for email notifications.
- Enter their Employment number. The employment number is searchable in WFM.
- Add a Note to provide any additional information.
Enter a Logon
or an Application logon name. See How authentication in Calabrio WFM works for more information about application and identity authentication.
The Logon is used for identity authentication. Enter the ID from the external authentication system. The ID must be unique for each user.
IMPORTANT When you enter an email address as the Logon in Calabrio WFM, an email is immediately triggered and sent to the user. With this email, the user can create a password and log in. Therefore, do not enter users’ email addresses until you are ready for agents to log in.
The Application logon name is used for application authentication. Must be unique for each agent. This field is only available for Calabrio Teleopti WFM users.
- If you are using application authentication, enter a Password.
- Ensure the user’s row is selected and then select the check boxes for the Roles to add in the list to the right. The selected roles are listed in the user’s Role column.
Select the Language for this user. Select a specific language or select Computer default. Computer default uses the language settings on the user’s computer. If the selected language is not available in WFM, English is shown.
NOTE Calendar language, for example names of months and days of the week, is controlled by the Format setting.
- Select the Format for this user. The format controls how times and dates are shown in WFM. It is based on Microsoft standards. Select a specific format or select Computer default. Computer default uses the format settings on the user’s computer.
- Select the Time zone for this user. The user’s time zone controls how they view things like shifts and staffing. In some areas of the product, times are always shown according to the user’s time zone. In other areas it is possible to select the viewing time zone.
- Define what day of the week the Work week starts on. This defines what is considered a week and affects for which period the weekly rest is calculated. The two last days of the work week is considered the weekend, which affects how days off are controlled on weekend day during schedule optimization.
- Select the Workflow control set for this user. A workflow control set is only needed for users who need to view schedules and who do not have permissions to view unpublished schedules. This is common for team leaders.
- Any columns between the Workflow control set column and the Leaving date column are added as optional columns. Fill them in according to the process defined by your organization.
- Leave the Leaving date field empty for now. It is set when the user has resigned. The leaving date is the last workday of the employment. See End an employment for WFM for more information.
- Click Save.
Edit details for an existing user
- In People in the main portal, open the User folder.
- Double-click a user to open People and edit details for that user.
- Edit the details according to the descriptions in the procedure above.
- Click Save.