Schedule overtime to add extra work hours for already scheduled agents. The overtime is added directly before or after the agent's shift, or scheduled as an overtime shift on a day where the agent is not already working. The scheduled overtime is not included in the target contract time for the period.
When scheduling overtime, you can control how long overtime hours to schedule and between which hours to add overtime. It is also possible to define if you want to adhere to the contract rules for weekly work time, weekly rest and nightly rest.
If you have asked the agents to enter when they are available to work overtime, you can choose to only schedule overtime on agents who have entered that they are available.
To see if any agents have entered availability for the time period where you need people, use the overtime availability filter. See Filter agents on overtime availability for more information.
NOTE Overtime can also be scheduled by asking agents to send overtime requests. The requests can be automatically approved or denied based on the resource needs.
- You have the Schedules > Automatic scheduling permission.
- You have the Global functions > View schedules permission.
- You have the Global functions > Modify schedules permission and the underlying Modify assignment permission.
- You have the Global functions > View unpublished schedules permission.
- There must be a resource need on a skill with the selected skill activity, and the skill must be open.
Client > Schedules > Open schedule
Select the agents and the dates to schedule overtime for.
- Click and drag to select consecutive dates or agents.
- Click the date header to select all agents for that date.
- Click the arrow next to Schedule and select Schedule overtime.
- Select a Skill activity. This is the activity that is connected to the skill that you want to schedule overtime for. The selected activity is used to calculated how much overtime that is needed.
- Define the Overtime duration. This controls how much overtime that is added to each agent that is scheduled with overtime, for example minimum 30 minutes and maximum 1 hour.
- Define Between which hours of the day to schedule overtime.
- To schedule a full overtime shift on agents who have a day off, select from which shift bag to pick shifts in the Use shifts from menu.
- If the scheduling of overtime can break any contract rules, select the check boxes for those rules; Maximum work time per week, Nightly rest or Weekly rest.
- Select the On available agents only check box to only schedule overtime on agents who have entered that they are available for that time period. Otherwise, any of the selected agents can be scheduled with overtime.
- Select the Type of overtime to be used. This defines how agents are compensated for working overtime. See How extra compensation works for more information.
- If needed, select a schedule tag in the Tag changes with menu. The selected tag is applied to all days where overtime is scheduled.