Schedule activities manually
Schedule activities for one or several agents manually. The activities can be scheduled as regular activities or personal activities.
Any activity can be scheduled as a personal activity. The purpose of personal activities is that they are scheduled for a specific agent. This can for example be a training or e-learning session. A personal activity is not moved when the schedule is optimized and it stays with the agent it was scheduled on, even if the agent trades their shift.
Schedule any known personal activities before you run the automatic scheduling. The automatic scheduling then tries to find a main shift that fits with the pre-scheduled activity. If the personal activity is not possible to combine with a main shift, the day will not be automatically scheduled.
- You have the Schedules permission.
- You have the Global functions > View schedules permission.
- You have the Global functions > Modify schedules permission and the underlying Modify assignment permissions.
- You have the Global functions > View unpublished schedules permission to add activities for unpublished periods.
- You have opened the Schedules module for the agents and period to work with.
Client > Schedules > Open schedules
Schedule an activity
- Select the agents and the date to schedule the activity on.
- Right-click and select Add activity.
- Select the Activity to schedule.
- Define the start and end time for the activity.
- Click OK to add the activity.
Schedule a personal activity
- Select the agents and the date to schedule the personal activity on.
- Right-click and select Add personal activity.
- Select the type of Activity to schedule.
- Define the start and end time for the personal activity.
Click OK to add the personal activity.
The personal activity is indicated in the schedule by a small blue arrow in the top right corner. It is visible in the shift editor when a shift has been scheduled.