Schedule time off manually
When an agent is away, this must be entered in the schedule. Schedule time off for one or several agents manually. The time off can be for a part of the day, for the full day or for several days.
It is important to add any absences to the schedule as soon as you know about them, to make it possible to spot and act on any understaffing as early as possible.
Sometimes an absence is known far in advance, for example an already approved vacation week. Ensure to schedule this before you run the automatic scheduling. Then it is taken into consideration when the other agents are scheduled.
Sometimes agents call in sick in the morning. Add these absences directly and review the impact on the staffing situation.
A part-day absence is scheduled for just the defined time. When you schedule a full-day absence, it always covers the whole shift scheduled for that day or prevents a shift from being scheduled there if entered before the scheduling.
- You have the Schedules permission.
- You have the Global functions > View schedules permission.
- You have the Global functions > Modify schedules permission and the underlying Modify absence permissions.
- You have the Global functions > View unpublished schedules permission to add absences for unpublished periods.
- You have opened the Schedules module for the agents and period to work with.
Client > Schedules > Open schedules
Schedule time off
- Select the agents and the dates to schedule the absence on.
- Right-click and select Add absence.
- Select the type of Absence to schedule.
- If the time off is for one or more full days, select the Full day absence check box.
- Define the start and end time for the absence.
- Click OK.