Edit scheduled shifts
Make schedule changes to individual shifts in the editor in the Schedules module. For example, move the lunch or change the length of a training session.
The activities and absences are placed in their own layers. If two items overlap each other, the order of the layers defines which item that is visible in the schedule. There are separate sections for activities, personal activities, overtime activities and absences. A layer can be moved up or down within its own section, but the order of the sections is fixed. The order of absence layers cannot be changed. The most recently added absence layer is the one that is shown.
The full shift shown in the editor is a projection of how the shift currently looks. All schedule changes are done in the layers.
NOTE The procedures below are written for activities, but can also be used for personal activities, overtime activities and part-day absences.
- You have the Schedules permission.
- You have the Global functions > View schedules permission.
- You have the Global functions > Modify schedules permission and the underlying Modify assignment permission.
- You have the Global functions > View unpublished schedules permission to work with unpublished periods.
Client > Schedules > Open schedule
Show the editor and select a shift
- Select the Editor button to show the editor.
- Select the agent and day in the schedule view to show the shift in the editor.
- Click Show in the editor to show all layers of activities.
Shorten or extend an activity
- In the activity layer in the editor, hover the mouse pointer over the start or end of the activity. The mouse pointer turns into a double arrow.
- Move the start or end of the activity to the desired position.
Move an activity
- In the activity layer in the editor, hover the mouse pointer over the activity. The mouse pointer turns into a cross with arrows in each direction.
- Move the activity to the desired position
Change the increments to move the activities
The Snap to interval setting defines the increments used when changing the start or end time or moving an activity within the editor. This is useful to more easily hit the right time.
- Move the Snap to interval slider to the desired increment.
Define which activity to show
Change which activity that is shown in the shift when two activities are overlapping.
- Right-click the activity that you want to show and select Move down.
Add an activity
There is an easy way to add activities in the editor.
- Click to select a time period in the timeline above the shift.
- Select Add activity in the menu that pops up.
- Select the Activity to add.
- Adjust the start and end time if needed.
- Click OK.
Delete an activity
- Right-click the activity to delete and select Delete.
Move a full shift
This moves all main activities and overtime activities, but not personal activities, meetings and absences.
- Press the Shift key and drag and drop the shift to the new position.