Create roles for access to WFM
The user's roles control the access to functionality in the system and to agents' or users' data. This guide will help you create roles which can later be assigned to the users or agents.
A role always consists of function permissions and data permissions. The function permissions define which functionality a user with the role can access. The data permissions define which data a user with the role can access.
Roles can be combined to achieve the desired access for a user. For each role you define the functionality the user should be able to access for that data access level.
EXAMPLE You need to set up three roles to allow an agent to see shifts for all agents on their site, to trade shifts within their own team and to see a couple of selected reports with only their own data.
IMPORTANT All changes in Permissions are automatically and directly saved. For users of the web tools, changes to their roles take immediate effect. For users of the Windows client, changes of permissions take effect the next time they log in.
NOTE The super administrator role will always give access to all functionality and data and cannot be changed. Only a user with the super administrator role will be able to grant the super administrator role to another user.
- You have the Web > Permissions permission.
WFM > Permissions
Create a new role
Create a role to be used by a user or agent.
NOTE If the role you are about to create is similar to an existing role, you can copy that role to make this process quicker.
- Click Add role.
- Enter a name for the new role.
- Click Add.
- Set function and data access for the role according to the instructions below.
Change access to functionality for a role
Add or remove function permissions to change which functionality the user can access.
NOTE Users are not allowed to change function permissions of their own role(s). This is to prevent users from accidentally locking themselves out by removing function permissions by mistake.
- Select the role to modify.
- Ensure the Functions tab is selected.
Select (or unselect) one or several functions by clicking them. Click the arrows to expand and show detailed access levels. Access on a higher level does not automatically give the user access to the functions on the lower levels. All function permissions need to be enabled individually.
Use the Toggle all button to give access to all functions.
For information on what access each function permission gives, see About function permissions in WFM.
Change data access for a role
Add or remove data permissions to change which data the user can access. See About data permissions in WFM for more information.
- Select the role to modify.
- Ensure the Data tab is selected.
Set dynamic data permissions, static data permissions or a combination of the two.
- Dynamic data permissions are set by selecting a global level of authorization in the menu in the upper right corner.
- Static data permissions are set by selecting teams and sites in the business hierarchy.
- Dynamic data permissions are useful to give agents in more than one team access to the same functionality and their own team’s data. By selecting the global authorization level MyTeam, the same role can be used for agents in different teams.
- Static data permissions are used for users who does not belong to any team. They are also useful to give a group of users access to see the data for a specific team, regardless of which team the users themselves belong to.
Copy an existing role
Copying a role is a useful way to create a new role that is similar to an existing role. After copying the role, rename the copy and then edit it as needed.
- Hover the role you want to copy.
- Click on Copy. A new role is created with the prefix "Copy of ..."
- Hover the new role and select Edit to rename the role.
- Adjust the function and data permissions by following the instructions above.
Rename a role
- Hover the role you want to rename.
- Click on Edit.
- Enter the new name.
- Click Edit.
Delete a role
- Hover the role you want to delete.
- Click on Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm.