Review conflicting restrictions
Use the Restrictions view before scheduling to find any agents with restrictions that would cause them to not be fully scheduled. The purpose is to identify and solve any issues before they cause scheduling issues. The restrictions that are validated in this view are rotations, preferences and availability.
The Restrictions view highlights agents with restrictions that are conflicting with their contract rules and agents that have different restrictions that are conflicting with each other. The following situations are highlighted in the Restrictions view.
- If the restrictions would result in too many days off.
- If the restrictions would result in too much work time.
- If the restrictions would result in too few work hours.
- If the nightly rest cannot be fulfilled because of the restrictions.
- If there are conflicting restrictions, for example both a preference and a rotation, that affect the same day and that cannot be fulfilled at the same time.
Each issue is listed for each period it occurs in. Therefore, one agent can be listed several times.
- The Restrictions view does not highlight days that are already scheduled with a shift or day off, even if there is a restriction conflict for that day or the schedule does not fulfill the restrictions for that day.
- If an already scheduled shift or day off conflicts with any restrictions for the surrounding days, this is highlighted in the Restrictions view.
- You have the Schedules permission.
- You have the Global functions > View schedules permission.
- You have the Global functions > Modify schedules permission and the underlying Modify assignment permission.
- You have the Global functions > View unpublished schedules permission.
Client > Schedules > Open schedule
Follow up on restriction issues
- Select the Period view.
Select the agents to show restriction issues for.
NOTE You must select agents before you go to the Restrictions view. Otherwise no restriction issues are shown.
- Select the Restrictions view. A list of all restriction issues in the open period is shown. Days with conflicts are marked with a red icon with an exclamation mark.
- Ensure that the Info button is selected.
- Select the Into tab in the Info panel.
- Select the Restrictions tab.
- Select a day with a restriction conflict in the Restrictions view.
- Use the information on the Restrictions tab to understand what is causing the conflict.
Solve the issue, to make it possible to schedule this agent.
How to solve the issue depends on what the problem is, and what the process is in your organization. These are some examples.
- Try to schedule the agent without any restrictions.
- Adjust the agent’s preferences if they have not been entered correctly.
- Adjust the rotation.
- Schedule a shift manually on the day of the conflict.