Review allowance when approving absence requests
The detailed allowance information in the View allowance view is based on the allowances set up in the Budgets tool. It is useful when you manually approve absence requests to know how much of the allowance that has been used and how much that remains.
NOTE The used allowance is always based on the absence types that are included in the request allowance.
- You have the Web > Requests permission.
- Allowance is set up in the Budgets tool.
WFM > Requests > Absence and text tab > View allowance
Select a budget group and time period
The allowance is presented per budget group and week, with details per date.
- Select the budget group of the agents whose requests you are reviewing.
- Click on the date selector and select the date you want to view. The selected date is highlighted in green.
- Click the refresh button to load the latest information.
Use the allowance overview when approving absence requests
Choose to approve absence requests manually based on counting FTEs (full-time equivalents) or head count. When using FTEs, 1h of absence counts as 1h and 8h of absence counts as 8h. When using head count, an agent being absent 1h counts as 1 head and an agent being absent 8h also counts as 1 head.
To review and approve requests based on the remaining allowance in FTEs, use the row Absolute difference. It shows the remaining FTEs in the allowance.
To review and approve requests based on the number of agents who are already absent this day, compare the Head count with the Allowance after threshold.
Interpret the allowance information
Review the allowance information to see if there is enough allowance to approve any absence requests.
- Full allowance—How much allowance there is in FTEs, Full-Time Equivalents, in total for the selected day and budget group.
- Allowance after threshold—The part of the allowance that can be used for automatic approval of requests. If approval of a request would cause the Allowance after threshold to be exceeded, it will not be automatically approved.
- Used total—The total number of absent FTEs on this day for all absence types which are included in the request allowance.
- Used <absence type>—The row for each absence type shows the number of FTEs who are absent with this absence type on this day.
- Absolute difference—The difference between the Allowance after threshold and the Used total. Indicates how much allowance in there is left on this day in FTEs.
- Relative difference—A percentage value indicating how much of the Allowance after threshold that has been used so far.
- Head count—The number of agents that have been granted absence on this day for this budget group. This is for all absence types included in the request allowance and regardless of the duration of the absence and regardless of if the day is a workday, a day off or not scheduled.