You can integrate Calabrio ONE with one or more external survey providers to distribute post-call customer surveys after a contact has ended and collect the responses. Survey responses can provide valuable information about your customers’ interaction experiences and general perceptions about your organization, as well as help you target contacts for evaluation. Responses can be reviewed in the Post-Call Survey tab in the media player, and the Recent Surveys widget. The survey score and other survey-related fields also appear in the Contact Table in Recordings and your Contact Queue. See “Importing Post Call Survey IVR Data” in the Calabrio ONE Data Import/Export Reference Guide for more information on importing using CSV files.
Surveys and survey questions are created using an external survey provider. You can integrate Calabrio ONE with the following survey providers:
- Qualtrics (online)
- SurveyMonkey (online)
Online survey providers Qualtrics and SurveyMonkey deliver surveys to customers by email. Survey distribution requests and response retrieval are executed on a user-defined schedule. You can also import an IVR using the Generic Import Service (GIS).
You must set up the regional data server GIS file location on the Data Server Configuration page before you import your generic IVR (see Configure the Data Server). Use this file location for import files:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Calabrio ONE\Data Server\GIS\NewImport
After files are successfully imported, they will be moved to this folder:
...\GIS\NewImport\archives\<archive date>\<file name>
You must set up your online survey provider before configuring it with Calabrio ONE. To configure Calabrio ONE with a Qualtrics account, you must have the following:
- Each survey must have a configured “Embedded Data” question that has type
- A configured Qualtrics account and user name
- A custom API token
- The Library ID for the account
- The Message ID for the survey-delivery message
To configure Calabrio ONE with a Survey Monkey account, you must have the following:
- A configured SurveyMonkey developer account and user name
- A developer API token
- The developer API key
- The developer API shared secret code
Generic IVR provider connections are created automatically when the IVR is imported. The post call survey administrator can specify which survey identifier the form uses. The following table lists the survey identifier fields:
The ID number of the contact.
The ID number of the associated call. This is the default.
You must also create a custom email metadata field in Metadata Manager (see Manage metadata fields) with which to mark calls for survey distribution (see Marking contacts for online survey distribution below).
To create a custom email metadata field:
- Navigate to Application Management > QM Configuration > Metadata Manager.
- Enter a unique value for key in the Metadata Key field (for example, “SurveyEmail”).
- Enter a unique value for the label in the Metadata Label field. This can be, but does not have to be, the same as the Metadata Key.
- Select Text from the Metadata Type drop-down list.
- Select None from the ACD Data drop-down list.
- Click Save.
For more information about creating a custom metadata field, see Manage metadata fields.
To configure your online survey provider with Calabrio ONE:
- Choose Create a new survey form from the What Do You Want To Do? section.
- Select your online survey provider (Qualtrics or SurveyMonkey) from the drop-down list.
- Set the survey distribution request/response retrieval schedule, in minutes. This value determines how frequently Calabrio ONE checks for contacts that require a survey, and whether there is any new survey-response data available. If contacts awaiting a survey are found, a survey distribution request is sent to the survey provider according to your survey distribution request workflow.
- Select the custom email metadata field that you created in the above section with which to mark calls for survey distribution.
- Enter a unique name for this survey-provider connection.
- Enter the survey-provider account information. This information must be collected from the survey provider.
- Enter the user name and token for the configured survey-provider account.
- (Qualtrics only) Enter the Library ID and Message ID.
- (SurveyMonkey only) Enter the API Key and Shared Secret.
- Click Save.
To test your survey provider connection and view surveys:
- Choose Edit an existing survey form from the What Do You Want To Do? section.
- Click Test Connection & View Surveys. Upon successful connection, the surveys configured with the survey provider appear at the bottom of the page. You can click on each survey to view the individual questions.
After you set up and test your survey-provider connection, you must create a workflow to determine which survey should be requested for different contacts that have been marked for survey distribution. This is particularly useful when you have different survey providers and/or surveys for contacts.
You must also use the workflow to identify a survey question as the Voice of the Customer (VoC) question. The customer’s response to this question determines whether the associated contact should be marked for evaluation.
To set up a survey distribution request workflow:
- Navigate to the Workflow Administration page.
- Choose whether to create an end-of-call or daily event. An end-of-call event prepares the survey request immediately after a contact is marked for survey distribution. A daily event prepares the survey requests for all contacts marked for survey distribution each day.
- Select the workflow rule to which you want to apply the survey form action. Select the default rule to use a single survey form for all contacts that are marked for survey distribution, or create and select a new rule to define the contact conditions for a particular survey form.
- If you created a new workflow rule, define the contact conditions for the survey form you want to distribute.
- Select the “Set the survey form to <survey form>” check box in the Actions section.
- Select the survey from the drop-down list.
- Select the Voice of the Customer (VoC) question. You can only select questions that are in a numeric-answer format.
- Set the threshold to mark for evaluation. If the customer’s response to the VoC question meets this threshold, the associated contact is marked for evaluation.
- Enter the email information for delivering the survey.
- Enter the Send From email address. This is the email address that the survey is delivered from.
- Enter the Reply To email address. This is the email address that the survey recipient responds to. This is generally the same as the Send From address, but does not have to be.
- Enter the Sender Name. This is the name that the email appears to be from to the recipient.
- Enter the subject line for the email.
- Click Save.
For more information about configuring workflows, see Automate QM workflows.
Once you have created the custom Email metadata field, configured one or more survey providers with Calabrio ONE, and set up a survey distribution workflow, you can mark a contact for online survey distribution by entering the customer’s email address into the custom Email metadata field. This can be done by the agent using the Metadata command in the Recording Controls application or by any user with access to the custom metadata fields in the Media Player’s Contact Information tab.
When you enter the customer’s email address into this field, that contact is marked for survey distribution. According to the user-defined distribution request schedule, Calabrio ONE then sends a request to the survey provider for the appropriate survey to be sent to that address as determined by your configured workflows.
NOTE With SurveyMonkey, there might be a delay between the time a survey distribution request is received and when the survey is distributed.
- Configure predictions—Use survey data to predict contacts’ net promoter score.