Turn on schedule change notifications
Agents can be notified when there are changes in their work schedule. There are two types of schedule change notifications.
Notifications for all schedule changes to agents who are working
The notifications for all schedule changes are useful to highlight changes for today or tomorrow to agents who are at work. Agents see these notifications for example if their lunch is moved or they are moved from email to phone. These notifications are shown to agents who are logged in to MyTime, either in the main MyTime view or ASM.
Agents using the MyTime app can also see these notifications, but only if they are currently using the app when the notification arrives.
Push notifications for significant schedule changes
The push notifications are useful to ensure that agents get important schedule updates when they are not at work. They are shown in the mobile app or sent via SMS or email.
The push notifications are only sent for schedule changes that are considered significant and that are within the next 14 days, including today. The following changes are considered significant changes.
- The start or end time of a shift is changed.
- A working day is changed to a non-working day. This is when the scheduled shift is replaced with a day off, a full-day absence or no shift at all.
- A non-working day is changed to a working day. This is when a day off, full-day absence or non-scheduled day is replaced with a shift.
- For agents to see the notifications for all schedule changes, their browser settings must allow browser notifications.
- To configure push notifications, you must have the Options permission.
- To use push notifications via SMS or email, the SMSLink license must be applied. The mobile app notifications work without that specific license.
- To use push notifications via SMS, there must be an optional column where agents' mobile numbers are stored.
The feature to send notifications via SMS is only available for on premise installations.
The SMS and email notifications for on premise installations require additional configuration.
For more details regarding the configuration, see the System Overview and Operations document. It's available on the Calabrio Success Center.
Email notifications on cloud installations do not require any additional settings.
Mobile app notifications do not require any additional settings.
Client > Options > System settings > Notification settings
Turn on schedule change notifications for all schedule changes
Turn on schedule change notifications to be shown in the browser for agents who are at work and logged in to MyTime.
NOTE The schedule change notifications do not work if the system times out. For information about how to modify the global time out setting, see Configure global settings
- Assign the MyTime > Agent schedule messenger permission to the agents.
- Ensure that the agents' browser settings allow browser notifications and pop-ups.
Ensure that the computer settings allow for notifications from the browser.
Turn on mobile app push notifications
Turn on mobile app notifications to send schedule change notifications to the agents who are using the MyTime app.
- Select the Enable mobile app notifications check box to turn on the app notifications.
- Click Apply to save.
Turn on SMS push notifications
Turn on SMS notifications to send schedule change notifications to the agents via SMS.
- Select SMS as the Notification type.
- Select the column that contains the agents' phone numbers in the SMS settings menu.
- Click Apply to save.
NOTE The phone numbers must be entered according to the requirements of the SMS service provider. A common way to enter a phone number is for example 46701234567, where 46 is the country code and 701234567 is the phone number.
Turn on email push notifications
Turn on email notifications to send schedule change notifications to the agents via email.
The email settings define the email address that will be the sender of the notification.
- Select Email as the Notification type.
In the Send email from field, enter an email address with an @calabrio.com domain from which to send the notifications. For example, [email protected]. The agents cannot send a reply to this email address.
- Click Apply to save.
NOTE For email notifications to be sent, the agents' email addresses must be added in the Email column in People.
- Configure WFM system settings in client
- Create columns for agent information in WFM
- Notify agents—Notify agents by SMS or email: for example, that more agents are needed in the afternoon or that extra hours are available
- Configure notifications—Set up and assign notifications for the rest of the Calabrio ONE suite