Enter a publishing date to define how far ahead schedules are visible to agents. This is an end date. The agents will be able to see all schedule content before and on the selected date. Schedules later than this date are visible to users with the Global Functions > View unpublished schedules permission. If there is an open preference period, any schedules in the default scenario within that period are also visible to the agents.
If there is no publish date set, no schedule is published.
NOTE You can only publish schedules in the default scenario.
- You have the Global function > Publish schedule permission.
To publish schedules from the Schedules module, you must have the following permissions.
- The Schedules permission.
- The Global functions > View schedules permission.
- The Global functions > View unpublished schedules permission.
Publishing schedules can be done in two different places.
- Client > Schedules > Open schedule
- Client > Options > Scheduling > Workflow control set
Publish schedules in the Schedules module
- Right-click on the day you want to publish schedules to and select Publish.
- Verify that the defined date stated in the date selection box is correct.
Verify that you want to publish schedules for all the listed workflow control sets.
NOTE The defined publish date applies for all agents with the listed workflow control sets, not just the teams that you have currently open in the schedule view.
- Click OK.
- Click Save. The schedule is now published to the agents.
Publish schedules in Options
- Select the workflow control set to publish schedules for.
- Define an end date to Publish schedules to.
- Click Apply to save. The schedule is now published to the agents.