Create groups to share information
A group is a logical organization of users. Groups are used to control access to Calabrio ONE data, reports, and dashboards.
NOTE Sharing groups are groups of users organized specifically to share reports and dashboards. They are not the groups that exist in the Calabrio ONE hierarchy of Tenant > Group > Team.
The users who own the data, reports, and dashboards can share them with groups that they belong to. Any user who belongs to the group then has access to the shared information.
There are two types of groups:
- Manual groups—Groups that you create and add individual users as members. These groups are displayed in Roman type in the Groups panel.
- Auto-groups—Groups that are automatically created by the Auto-Group feature on the parent user account. By default, this feature is enabled for every tenant account on the Reporting User Attributes Management page. Every child account under the parent tenant account is automatically a member of the group. You cannot delete an auto-group or change the users who belong to it. These groups are displayed in italic type in the Groups panel.
Groups are managed on the Sharing Groups page. The Groups panel on the left contains the list of groups that have been set up. The Users panel on the right displays the user accounts that are members of the selected group.
To learn how to share reports and dashboards, see Share reports and dashboards.
- Sharing Groups Administration permission
Application Management > Data Management > Sharing Groups
Create a manual group
- In the Groups panel, click Create a new group in the lower left corner. A new row with the name New Group is added to the Groups panel. You are automatically listed as the owner of the new group.
- Double-click the name to change New Group to a name that describes your group. The name should be unique and make it easy to identify the group.
- (Optional) Double-click the Description field and enter a description of the group.
Add users to a group
You can add users only to manual groups, and not to auto-groups.
- Select the group in the Groups panel.
- In the Users panel, click Choose users to add to the group . The Add Group Users dialog box appears.
- In the Available pane, expand the account hierarchy and select the accounts you want to be members of the group. You can select multiple contiguous accounts by using Shift + click and non-contiguous accounts by using Ctrl + click.
NOTE Your Data Management user account has a limit set that controls how many users you can add to a group. If you exceed that limit you will see an error message telling you what your limit is and by how many users you exceeded it. If you need to configure a group with more users than your limit, an administrator can change your limit on the Reporting User Attributes Management page (see Manage Data Management users).
- When you are done adding accounts to your group, click Done.
Remove users from a group
You can remove users only from manual groups, and not from auto-groups.
- Select the group in the Groups panel. The group members are listed in the Users panel.
- Click Remove to confirm you want to remove the user from the group.
Delete a manual group
- In the Groups panel, select the group you want to delete.
- Click Delete the selected group in the lower left corner of the panel.
- Click Delete to confirm you want to delete the group.