The Field Manager page lists fields associated with websites that have been marked for use in Smart Desktop.
NOTE The Field Manager page manages only website fields. Windows application fields are managed on the Desktop Manager page.
Once a field is marked it is listed on the Field Manager page. From there you can configure the field with the strings that you want to match when running desktop events and actions.
The page’s left pane displays the website and its associated fields that have been marked. Enabled fields are highlighted in green. When you select a field in the left pane, its settings appear in the right pane.
When a field first appears in the list, its name is the timestamp when it was marked. When you configure the field, you have to option to replace the timestamp with a name of your choosing to help identify it.
- You must have Smart Desktop installed.
- Your browser must be configured correctly before you can use the field marking shortcut keys. See Enable the Desktop Analytics extension in your browser for details.
Application Management > Analytics > Analytics > Field Manager
NOTE If you delete a field from the Field Manager page that is used in the Desktop Manager page, you must log out of Calabrio ONE and then log in again for the change to take effect.
Mark a field on a website
- With the Field Manager page displayed, open a new tab in your browser.
- Navigate to the website whose fields you want to mark.
- Click in the desired field and press Ctrl+M. The field appears in the left pane of the Field Manager page with a timestamp in place of a name.
Filter the list of websites and fields
- Enter a search string in the Search Fields field. The list is immediately updated with fields that meet your search criteria. The search does not filter on website names.
- Use the View buttons (All, New, and Configured) to limit the list to fields displayed. New fields are those that have not yet been configured.
Configure a marked field
- Click the field in the left pane. The right pane displays the field’s settings and properties in the right pane.
Edit the field settings.
Edit the field properties. The properties are the data captured by the field marker and can vary from field to field.
- Select the Enabled check box to enable the searching of strings that match the specified field and value when configured in Desktop Manager. If the check box is not selected, the field is ignored.
- The Field column contains the read-only name of the property associated with the marked field.
- By default, the Value field contains the property’s value at the time the field was marked. Any value entered in this field must be a supported value for the property. You can use the asterisk wildcard ( * ) in this field.
- Click Save.
- Configure automated desktop actions
- “Installing Calabrio ONE Smart Desktop” in the Calabrio ONEInstallation Guide