The Agent Monitoring page lets you listen in on a call and view an agent’s screen in real time. Use live monitoring to ensure customer service quality and the agents’ proficiency in handling customer contacts and associated tools.
With live audio monitoring, you can hear (but not interact with) any party on a call. With live screen monitoring, you can view an agent’s screen activity, whether or not that agent is on a call. You can monitor only one agent at a time.
NOTE The Smart Desktop Client - Screen Recording Priority field on the QM Global Settings page lets you set where the screen recording takes place (at the thin client or endpoint/PC) when an agent is logged in to both. (See Configure QM global settings.)
- You have the Agent Monitoring permission.
- (for live screen monitoring) Both you and the agent have the Live Screen Monitoring permission.
- (for live audio monitoring) Both you and the agent have the Live Audio Monitoring permission.
- You are using Chrome, Firefox, or Edge Chromium as your browser.
- (for live audio monitoring) The agent is currently on a call.
- (for live audio monitoring) Calabrio ONE records agents’ calls through desktop recording (endpoint) or server recording . Live audio monitoring is not available if your system uses gateway recording or CCaaS recording solutions where the CCaaS vendor records the audio.
- (for live screen monitoring) Smart Desktop is installed on agent PCs.
- (for NAT environments only) The Calabrio ONE environment includes a configured STUN/TURN server.
- Ports TCP/UDP 49152–65535 are open in your firewall.
Application Management > Global > Monitoring > Agent Monitoring
Filter the list of agents
- By default, the page displays all connected agents within your scope along with their current status. To more easily locate the agent you want to monitor, use the Group, Team, and Agent drop-down filters to narrow the list of agents.
Further narrow the list of agents by selecting the Show only connected users or Desktop Client check boxes.
Check box What it shows you Show only connected users
Agents who can be monitored right now. They are either
- Logged in to a computer that has Smart Desktop Capture installed and are connected to the Calabrio ONE app server or
- Recorded via network recording and associated with a device via the Device Associations page (see Associate phones with agents, recording groups, and recording types)
Desktop Client Agents who are logged in to a computer that has Smart Desktop Capture installed. Live Monitor Agents who have the Live Screen Monitoring and/or Live Audio Monitoring permission.
- You can also limit results by choosing the number of past days’ data to display.
- Click Reset at any time to revert to the default filter settings.
Monitor an agent’s audio
You can hear audio only if the agent is on a call.
NOTE Before starting a live audio monitor, always verify that the agent is logged in.
Color What it means
The agent can be monitored.
- The agent is configured for desktop recording and has Smart Desktop Client running on their PC with the correct permissions for live audio monitoring.
- The agent is configured for server recording and is assigned to a monitored device on the Device Associations page (Application Management > QM > QM Configuration > Device Associations).
The agent cannot be monitored.
- The agent is configured for desktop recording but is not logged in, does not have Smart Desktop Client running on their PC, or does not have the correct permissions for live monitoring.
- The agent is configured for server recording and is offline or not assigned to a monitored device on the Device Associations page (Application Management > QM > QM Configuration > Device Associations).
The agent is being monitored.
The agent is available but for some reason cannot be monitored.
There is a connection error, and the agent cannot be monitored.
Calabrio ONE does not track or provide call control for the session, but you can transfer the call to another device as you would a normal call.
- To end the monitoring session, click the audio monitoring icon again.
Monitor an agent’s screen
Color What it means
The agent can be monitored. They have Smart Desktop Client running on their PC with the correct permissions.
The agent cannot be monitored. They are offline or do not have correct permissions.
Click Screen to start the monitoring session. Click Audio to monitor the agent’s call.
- If the agent locks their screen, the progress bar at the bottom of the window displays the pause icon.
- If the agent’s PC goes into sleep mode, the window stops displaying activity.
- Monitoring does not automatically resume when the agent logs back into their PC. To resume monitoring when the agent is logged back in, close the current window and reconnect.
- To end monitoring, click Disconnect.
Export agent monitoring data
- Click Export to export all the agent monitoring data displayed on the page in CSV format. The export file is named agents.csv.
- Associate phones with agents, recording groups, and recording types
- Configure QM global settings
- Monitor agent adherence—View agents’ adherence in WFM
- Monitor adherence on team level—View team-level adherence in WFM