Write-protect schedules to prevent users from making changes. This is mainly used to protect the schedule for past days from being changed retroactively.
Write-protection can be applied in two ways.
- Automatically to all days that are a defined number of days back from current date. This is configured on the agents’ workflow control set. See Set up basic workflow control set rules for more information.
- Manually in the Schedules module, described in this topic.
When you select a date and apply write-protection manually, that day and all days prior to that day are write-protected. Write-protection can be applied for individual agents, if needed.
Write-protected days are indicated with a pattern of small red dots.
NOTE Users with the Global > Modify write-protected schedule permission can make schedule changes also for days where the schedule is write-protected.
- You have the Schedules permission.
- You have the Global functions > View schedules permission.
- You have the Global functions > Set write-protection permission.
Client > Schedules > Open schedule
- Select the agents and the date to add the write-protection for.
- Click the small arrow next to Lock and select Write-protect schedule. The selected date and all days prior to that day are write-protected.
NOTE Write-protection that is applied by the setting on the workflow control set cannot be removed in Schedules.
- Select the agents to remove the write-protection from
- Click the small arrow next to Lock and select Remove write-protection. The write protection is removed from the schedule for all selected agents.