Replace invalid shifts
Ensure that the scheduled shifts are valid shifts from the shift bag with the Adjust shifts to match shift bag scheduling option. This is done to ensure that the scheduled shifts adhere to laws and other work rules. For example, if you have manually changed the length of the shift, run this option afterwards to ensure that the day has the correct number of breaks.
The Adjust shifts to match shift bag option checks each selected shift to verify that the shift is available in the agent's shift bag. If not, it replaces the shift with a shift from the shift bag. It will pick the shift with the same start and end time that gives the best result from a business perspective.
If there are no shifts with the same start and end time in the agent's shift bag, no replacement is made. When the Adjust shifts to match shift bag check is completed, a message is shown to highlight any days where an invalid shift could not be replaced.
NOTE Adjust shifts to match shift bag only works if there are no issues for the schedule period. The contract time target must be fulfilled or at least possible to fulfill.
- You have the Schedules > Automatic scheduling permission.
- You have the Global functions > View schedules permission.
- You have the Global functions > Modify schedules permission and the underlying Modify assignment permission.
- You have the Global functions > View unpublished schedules permission.
Client > Schedules > Open schedule
Replace invalid shifts with shifts from the shift bag
- In the schedule view, select the shifts that you want to check and if needed replace.
- Click the arrow next to Schedule and select Adjust shifts to match shift bag. The check starts immediately, no settings are needed.
- If any issues are highlighted, where an invalid shift could not be replaced with a shift from the shift bag, act to address those issues.