Handle overtime requests manually
Most agent overtime requests can be handled automatically, but for the overtime requests that you want to approve or deny manually this can be done in the web Requests tool.
- You have the Web > Requests permission to access the Requests tool.
- For some functionality in Requests you need additional underlying permissions.
- Overtime requests to see the overtime requests.
- Approve/deny request to be able to approve or deny requests.
- Edit site open hours to be able to set up site open hours to be used in overtime request validations.
- You have the Global functions > View schedule permission to be able to see the shifts for the days of the requests.
WFM > Requests > Overtime tab
Select team or site and a date period
Select the teams or sites you want to work with, as well as choose a date period, before reviewing and approving or denying requests.
- Click Select organization.
Select the check boxes for the sites and teams you want to open.
Click the small arrow next to the name of a site to show the teams on that site. If there are many sites and teams, use the search function to find the sites or teams you are looking for.
- Click Select. The current week's requests, made by agents who belong to the selected teams and sites, will be displayed.
- To change the date period, click the input field and select a new start and end date by clicking in the calendar view.
NOTE The date you select at the top of the page will affect which agents' requests you will see. For example, if you are reviewing requests for Team A the list will show the requests made by agents who belong to Team A on the selected date.
Filter list of requests
Use the filters to find certain requests.
- Ensure the Show filter toggle is turned on.
- Open the menu below the Type header and select the check boxes for the absence types you want to see.
- Click the input field below the Subject or Message header and enter the text you want to filter on in the respective columns.
- Open the menu below the Status header and select the check boxes for the statuses you want to see.
- To remove the filter again, click the Clear button at the far left on the filter row.
NOTE By default, the list of overtime requests will only include requests which are Pending.
Approve or deny an overtime request
When you approve an overtime request, the overtime activity is automatically added to the agent's schedule. The agent receives a message that informs them about the decision, regardless of if you approve or deny.
- Start by selecting teams or sites and a date period.
- Use the information available in the table to decide to approve or deny the request.
- Click View schedules next to the agent's name to view the agent's current shift.
- View the information given by the agent in the Subject and Message columns.
- Read any information stated in the Deny reason column to see if the request has failed any of the staffing validations.
- Read any information stated in the Broken rules column to see if the request has failed any of the work rule validations.
- If the agent is in another time zone, use the toggles at the bottom of the page to show requests in the time zone of the agent.
- Click the menu button at the far right of the header bar to select to show additional columns with information.
- Use the Staffing tool to evaluate if extra agents are needed according to the current situation.
- Select the requests you want to approve or deny by selecting the check boxes.
- Click on Approve or Deny to change the status of the selected requests.
Set site open hours
Set site open hours to ensure that agents who are requesting to work extra hours won't end up with scheduled time outside of the open hours of their site.
- Click Site open hours.
- Click to select the site you want to set open hours for.
- Enter the open hours most commonly used for this site and click Add open hours.
- Select the check boxes for the days when these open hours are used.
- If there are other open hours on certain days of the week, repeat steps 3 and 4 as many times as needed.
- Click Save.
NOTE The site open hours validation of overtime requests is done according to the agents’ time zone. Therefore, set the site open hours in the time zone of the agents at that site.