Work with formulas in Performance Manager
Create custom formulas to use in Performance Manager. The main step is to create a definition that consists of a description, settings, and the calculation itself. It is possible to select in what format to display the results.
- You have the Performance Manager > Create Performance Manager report permission
Client > Performance Manager > View reports
Create new formula
- Click Show/hide object panel in the Report toolbar.
- Click Add formula at the bottom of the object panel area. The create formula view opens.
- Select the Definition tab.
Add a definition:
Set a description.
- Add a measure name.
- Select the Active check box.
- Add a display name for the formula.
- Set the solve order.
- Select Treat NULL as zero if this applies.
Define the calculation.
- In the formula field, select the first measure to add to your formula in the drop-down list.
- Select the type of calculation; add, subtract, divide or multiplicate.
- Select the second measure, member property or constant to use.
- Continue to add measures and types of calculation until the formula is done.
- When the formula is done, select (none) in the next calculation box.
NOTE Calculations involving member properties might not return expected results.
Set the format.
- Select the Format tab.
- Select from the various settings. For example, how many decimals the formula should have or if you want a $ or % sign.
Select a font.
- Select the Font tab.
- Select font, size, and colors for the foreground and background.
- Click OK. The formula appears in the report and in the object panel area.
Edit a formula
- In the object panel area, right-click the formula and select Edit.
Delete a formula
- In the object panel area, right-click the formula and select Delete.
Deactivate a formula
- In the object panel area, clear the check box next to the formula to deactivate (but not delete). The formula is then no longer visible in the report area