Work with filters in Performance Manager
When working with lots of data, it is always wise to initially add important filters. There are several ways to handle filters. You can use the basic filter selections or set you own advanced filter.
You can use any of these options.
- Report filter component to set filters to be used on all sheets in the entire report or just used for selected parts.
- Filters in the Filter area at the top of each pivot table or other component.
- Filter on any added dimension in rows or columns.
A user wants to create a report with many sheets. They want to always focus on the months of the past year, only view data from the Default scenario and only view the intervals between 08:00-20:00 even if there are data outside of these intervals.
In the report filter component:
- Add a Year dimension and set it.
- Add a Scenario dimension.
- Define on what level to use the filter: the current sheet, the entire report, or selected parts.
- In the pivot table filter area, at the top of a pivot table, add a dimension as the filter.
- Add Month, Date, and Intervals as row dimensions in the pivot table. Set at filter on the interval row and define what intervals to show.
The user can now focus on the values for the months and dates from the past year, but also drill down from a month to a date, and to a specific interval.
- You have the Performance Manager > Create Performance Manager report permission
Client > Performance Manager > View reports
Set filters in the filter area
Use the filter area at the top of the pivot table to filter all the other dimensions you add as columns or rows.
- Click the pivot table to work with.
- Right-click on the dimension. If there is a hierarchy, use the highest level.
- Select Add to filter condition.
- In the components filter area, click the arrow next to the dimension and select Set filter or Advanced Filter.
- Make your selection and click OK.
Set a filter on a column or row dimension
You can set filters to a specific dimension placed as a column or a row.
- Click the component to work with.
- Right-click on the dimension on any level and select Add to column axis or Add to row axis.
- Click the arrow next to the dimension and select Set filter or Advanced filter.
- Make you selection and click OK.
Use a report filter component
Very often the report filter component is placed on its own sheet, but you can place it on any sheet in your report.
- Right-click the name of the sheet and select Insert and Report filter.
- Click the arrow next to the Report filter and select Detail settings.
- Select if you want the report filter to scope the current sheet, the entire report, or selected parts. If using selected parts, select which parts in the box below. Click OK.
- Click and drag a dimension you want to use into the Report filter area.
- Click the arrow next to the dimension and select Choose members.
- Select the members you want to display and to use as active filters. Click OK to confirm. All selected members shows up in the report filter.
- Click the name of the dimension. Select whether to use Single or Multiple mode for member selections. Click OK.
- Click on a member to activate the filter, click again to inactivate it. The filtering starts immediately.