Find good slots for meetings in the client
Review agents’ schedules in the Schedules view to find a good time for a meeting or use the Pick best meeting slot function in the Impact view to find the meeting time with the lowest impact on staffing levels.
The Schedules view gives you an overview of the meeting participants' schedules. It will also present suggested times for the meeting, based on the duration of the meeting and the participants’ schedule. The suggestions are for times where all required participants are scheduled on a shift, on activities that are defined as work time and where no required participant is scheduled on a non-overwritable activity. You can define a time period for when to suggest times, for example only between 1PM and 5PM.
The Impact view shows you how the meeting affects the staffing levels on the agents’ skills. The Pick best meeting slot finds the times for a meeting where the staffing impact is the lowest. You can define a date period for when to find the best times.
- You have the Schedules permission.
- You have the Global functions > View schedules permission.
- You have the Global functions > Modify meetings permission.
- You have started planning a meeting. See Plan meetings in the client.
This functionality can be accessed from different locations.
- Client > Schedules > Add meeting
- Client > Schedules > Meeting overview > Add
- Client > Schedules > Open schedule > Create meeting
Pick a suggested meeting time based on scheduled activities
- In the Schedules view, define the meeting duration by defining a Start time and an End time.
- Define for which hours of the day to suggest meeting times by defining the Start period and End period.
- Select a date in the calendar view.
- Click one of the suggested meeting times to select it.
Manually check the impact of a suggested meeting time
- In the Impact view, define the suggested Start time and End time for the meeting in the bottom left corner of the window.
- Click in the staffing table to update the staffing numbers to how it would be if the meeting is scheduled.
- Review the staffing levels during the selected time period. If the relative difference is blue, the skill is overstaffed. If it is yellow, it is understaffed and if it is red, the skill is critically understaffed.
- Decide if they are good enough or if you want to try a different time.
Find the meeting slot with the lowest impact on staffing
- In the Impact view, adjust the length of the meeting if necessary, by defining the Start time and End time.
- Enter a date interval for when you want to plan the meeting by defining a Start time and an End time in the Pick best meeting slot area.
- Click Find. The number of slots found are shown above the Find button. The slot with the lowest negative impact on the staffing is selected.
- Click the arrow buttons to see the other slots found. They are displayed in order based on the impact on the staffing.