Modify selected values
Use the Modify selection view to adjust several values in a table at the same time. Select the values you want to adjust. The selected values must be in the same row and in a sequence.
Modify the values in one of two ways.
- Enter a new total for the selected days. The new total is then divided according to the current distribution.
- Use a percentage to increase or decrease the values. The percentage is applied to all values.
Apply a smoothing factor if you want to even out the differences between the values. The smoothing factor considers the surrounding values and calculates an average based on them. The higher the smoothing factor, the more days are used to calculate the average.
EXAMPLE When smoothing factor 3 is applied to a date period, the new value for each day is the average calculated for that day, the day before and the day after (in total 3 days). If the Validated calls value is 1000 for Monday, 1300 for Tuesday and 1000 for Wednesday, the new smoothed value for Tuesday is 1100.
The overview information and preview chart are updated as changes are made.
NOTE When you confirm the changes by clicking OK, the modified values are applied to the table. These changes cannot be reverted. The possibility to reset only affects the current changes. Previously applied changes are not affected.
- You have the Forecasts permission.
- A skill and a workload are created.
This page can be reached from different locations.
- Client > Forecasts > Prepare workload > Validation tab
- Client > Forecasts > Prepare workload > Long-term forecast
- Client > Forecasts > Prepare workload > Workload day templates
- Client > Forecasts > Open Forecast
Modify selected values
- In the table, select the values you want to modify.
- Right-click the selection and select Modify selection.
- Select the method to adjust the values in the Modify by entering menu.
- New total—distribute the new total according to the current distribution pattern.
- Percentage—increase or decrease the selected values by a defined percentage.
- Enter a new total for the selected period or a positive or negative percentage, depending on the method you selected.
- Select if you want to use a Smoothing factor to even out the differences between the values.
- Click OK to save the changes.