Create forecasts for several workloads
Create long-term forecasts for several skills and workloads at the same time with the Quick forecast. The result is the same as when you click through the steps of creating a long-term forecast, except that you cannot apply any trend factor in the quick forecast.
The Quick forecast also helps to create workload day templates to define the distribution within the day and apply these templates to the selected period.
- You have the Forecasts permission.
- Skill and workloads are created.
- The historical data for the workloads is validated.
Client > Forecasts > Quick forecast
Create long-term forecasts for several skills and workloads
- Select Quick forecast.
Select the check box for a skill to create a long-term forecast for all workloads for that skill.
If you do not want to create a long-term forecast for all workloads on a skill, expand the skill and select the check boxes for the workloads you want to include.
- When one or more workloads are selected, click Next.
- Define a period of historical data to base the long-term forecast on and then click Next.
- Select a period of historical data to base the workload day templates on. The workload day templates define the distribution within the day.
- Select a Smoothing style to define how much you want to even out the peaks and troughs.
- Click Next.
- Select for what period you want to create a long-term forecast.
- Select the Scenario to save the forecast in.
If the call pattern is more related to the day of the month than the day of the week or the week of the month, select the Day of month seasonality check box.
NOTE Only select this check box if you expect for example the workload on Saturday, October 1 to be more similar to the workload on Thursday, September 1 than the workload on Saturday, September 3.
Click Finish to create the long-term forecasts.
The progress of the job is shown in the Running background job view. You can close this view. The job continues in the background until it is done. See Review forecast job history for information on how to check that the long-term forecasts are completed.
NOTE The quick forecast creates long-term forecasts and workload day templates based on historical data and applies the workload day templates to the selected workloads for the selected period. When that is completed, manually review the forecast to for example adjust the open hours and arrival pattern on bank holidays. See Finalize the staffing forecast for more information.