Apply suggested forecast
Each night, a new forecast is generated for tomorrow and the next 59 days. The historical data is divided into two parts, a train set and test set. If there is more than two years of data, the test set will be the last year of the data and the rest will be the training set. The training set is used to estimate the parameters for each model and the test set is used to evaluate which model works the best. The models are:
Forecast with month of year, week of month, and day in week seasonalities
Forecast with month of year, week of month, day in week seasonalities, and linear trend
Forecast with month of year, day of month, and day in week seasonalities
Forecast with month of year, day of month, day in week seasonalities, and linear trend
Depending on the amount of historical data available, the models will look different. For example, if there is less than one year of data, the yearly seasonality and the linear trend are skipped. The model that performs the best when comparing with the test set in terms of relative difference, is the one that is used.
The suggested forecast contains a new volume, talk time, and after call work time for each interval. Apply the suggested forecast for a selected period to use it instead of the current one. You can choose to apply for example the new volume and talk time, but not the after call work time.
- The suggested forecast that is presented does not take any previously applied override or campaign values into consideration.
- Applying the suggested forecast does not affect any previously applied override or campaign values.
The action of applying the suggested forecast is tracked in the General Audit Trail. See General Audit Trail report for more information.
It is possible to set up for the suggested forecast to be automatically applied each night. See Generate forecast (web Forecasts tool) for more information.
- You have the Web > Forecasts permission.
- A skill is created.
- There is historical queue data on the queues which are connected to the skill. The queues can be either queues from an ACD integration or queues with imported queue data.
WFM > Forecasts > Open forecast > Suggestions
Compare current and suggested forecast
Compare the current forecast to the suggested forecast before you choose to apply it.
- Click any item in the legend to hide it from the chart. This way you can select to only view for example the call volume, making it easier to spot where the suggested forecast differs from the current forecast.
- Click the item again to show it in the chart.
Apply suggested forecast
Apply the suggested forecast to use it as the basis for scheduling and requests management for the next 60 days.
- Select the period for which to apply the suggested forecast.
- Select the check boxes for the values to apply from the suggested forecast.
- Click Apply suggested forecast.
- Select the scenario for which to apply the suggested forecast.
- Click OK to confirm.