Create and manage desktop items
Before you can create an automated desktop item event, you must have a list of the applications and websites those event run against.
Filter the list of applications and websites
Use the Search field and the Viewbuttons in the toolbar to filter what appears on the Desktop Manager page.
- Enter any string in the Search field to limit the list to applications and websites whose names contain that string.
- Click the App or Webbuttons to show only applications or websites, or both. A selected button is dark gray. A deselected button is light gray.
- Click the Application State button to select the states you want to view.
- Clear the Search field and select all buttons to view the entire list of applications and websites.
Add a new desktop item
- Click New Desktop Item. The Add New Desktop Item page opens.
- Select the type of item you want to add from the What Do You Want to Do? options. Fields appear based on the type of item you select.
Complete the fields as described below. This table contains all the possible fields you might see.
Application, Website, or Field Name
Enter a unique and easily identifiable name for the desktop item.
Enter the executable file name of the Windows application you are adding.
Application or Website Status
Select the status of the application or website from the drop-down list.
NOTE Each time a desktop analytics task finds a new application or website, it assigns the New status to it (see Create Analytics tasks). When the New status appears, you must change the status to Approved, Not Approved, or Ignore.
Enter the website’s URL. Use only the pieces of the URL that do not have slashes (/).EXAMPLE
This section is used to define a text field within an application. You must use the Application Field Marker tool to obtain this information. This tool is available on any desktop that has Smart Desktop installed. See Use the Application Field Marker tool to learn how to use the tool and populate the fields in this section.
- Click Save. The fields on the page clear, and you are ready to add another new desktop item. If you are done adding new items, clickCancel to return to the Desktop Manager page.
Edit an existing desktop item
- Click the desktop item in the left pane to view the details of that item in the right pane. Edit as desired and then click Save.
Assign a status to multiple items
- In the left pane, select the applications and websites whose status you want to change.
- Select a status from the Application Status drop-down list.
- Click Save.
Import data to Desktop Manager
In the Import section of the page, navigate to the CSV file you want to import using the Browse button.
The CSV file must contain the following columns in order as listed from top to bottom. Every field in a row must contain a value. The CSV generated when you export data follows this format.
NOTE Files exported from a pre-11.0 version of Calabrio ONEcontain an additional column, “handleCode.” To import these files into Cloud/11.0 or newer, you must remove that column and associated data from the CSV file.
The executable name for an application or the URL for a website.
The name of the application or website.
The status of the application or website.
The type of desktop item: application, content (website), or system.
- Click Import.
Export information from Desktop Manager
In the Export section, click Export to save or open the file. By default, the export file is named desktopuse.csv.
NOTE Exported files contain only the applications that have been acted upon. Not all applications in the Desktop Manager application list appear in the exported file.
Push updated application and website configurations to user desktops