Add a New Desktop Item
The Desktop Manager toolbar includes the New Desktop Item button, which opens the Add New Desktop Item page. Using this page, you can add a desktop item based on a Windows application, a specific field in a Windows application, or a website.
NOTE Adding a new desktop item based on a specific field in an application requires the use of the Application Field Marker tool. This tool analyzes the application field and displays the information you need to set the field as a desktop item. See Application Properties for more information.
To add a new desktop item:
- On the Desktop Manager page, click New Desktop Item.
- On the Add New Desktop Item page, choose the type of item you want to add from the list of What Do You Want To Do? options.
- Complete the fields as described below.
- Click Save. When you click Save, the fields on the page clear, and you are ready to add another new desktop item. If you are done adding new items, click Cancel to return to the Desktop Manager page.
The fields that can appear when adding a new desktop item are described below. Which fields appear depends on the type of desktop item you are adding.
Enter a name for the application, website, or field that you are adding. Choose a name that clearly identifies the item.
Enter the executable file name of the Windows application you are adding.
Select the status of the application or website. Your choices are as follows.
|Approved||The application or website is approved for use.|
|Not Approved||The application or website is not approved for use.|
|Ignore||The application or website is not required for users to perform their job and is ignored at the server level.|
|Discard||The application or website is not required for users to perform their job, does not add any value for analytics, and is ignored at the client level.|
|New||The application or website is new. Each time a desktop analytics task finds a new application or website, it assigns the New status to it (see Create Analytics tasks). When the New status appears, you must change the status to Approved, Not Approved, Discard, or Ignore.|
This section is used to define a text field within an application. You must use the Application Field Marker to obtain this information. The Application Field Marker is a tool included in Calabrio ONE.
NOTE Smart Desktop must be installed on your computer in order to access the Application Field Marker tool.
To obtain field data with the Application Field Marker:
Navigate to the location where the Application Field Marker tool executable is located and launch the tool. By default, this location is here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Calabrio ONE\Desktop\Active\bin\ApplicationFieldMarker.exe
- Open the application that contains a field you want to configure as a desktop item.
- In the Application Field Marker tool, click the Finder Tool and drag the bullseye onto the field in the target application. When you release the mouse, the data strings for the field are displayed in the Field Data String pane.
- Click Copy to copy the text to your computer’s clipboard.
- On the Add New Desktop Item page, paste the text in the Definition String field.
- Click Parse Fields. The relevant fields from the definition string text are loaded into the fields to the right of the Definition String pane.
Enter the full URL of the website you are adding.